- Arduino board to control ESC
- Connected to PC to control motor speed
- Turnigy 130A Watt Meter and Power Analyzer
- AX 2210N 1000KV brushless motors
- Generic scale in grams to measure thrust
- A bunch of prop from 9 to 11 inch
First I'll test the motors seperatly to measure the difference between a pusher and puller. In most multirotor setups a puller configuration is used because it's the most easy and practical way to mount your motors. But a puller setup is less efficient because is blows air against the arms (prop wash).
Second I'll test the thrust of both motors working together with a lot of different prop combinations.
I use the computer to control the speed of the motor. I increase the speed until the thrust is equal to X gram that I read of the scale. I hold this X gram for a short time and the read the current watt consumption on the Turnigy power meter.